Auto Stock Checker (Formula) Instructions
The formula scanner can be used in conjunction with Abacus for stock checking.
This can be carried out for a group (category) of products, or all products in one.
Additional checkers are available for an ‘in one’ check, which enables the results of one checker to be added to another, to then collate and compare with the levels stored on the Abacus system database.
The formula must be cleared down before proceeding and we recommend the following procedure:
- Connect the cradle to the PC.
- Insert the checker into the cradle.
- Remove the checker from the cradle and when asked to ‘clear down’ confirm Yes.
- Then scan one product and follow the download instructions below (‘how to download the checker’)
This will confirm several things;
- That the cradle is correctly connected to the PC.
- That the PC can accept and read the file from the checker.
- That you have successfully cleared down the checker (apart from the one product that you have just scanned – remember to allow for this).
How to download the checker;
- Once you have completed your count, place the checker in the cradle.
- In the ‘Stock Control’ menu select ‘Auto Stock Check’.
- Confirm that the equipment is an ‘F’ for Formula scanner.
- Select ‘Y‘ to download.
- Select ‘R’ – Reset – for a first download or if you are simply checking with one machine on one category of products.
- Select ‘A’ – Add to file – if using multiple checkers, or if you want to collate info over a period to then compare.
- A black bar will then appear on the screen, confirming that the scanner is recognised by the system. If this does not appear, try removing the scanner from the cradle and re-inserting. If this fails, try cancelling the action and reconnecting the cradle to the PC. If this fails, call Abacus support.
- Once the scanner has downloaded it’s information (it confirms a qty of ‘blocks’ of information sent) it then asks a series of questions:
- Supplier No. – insert this only if you’re stock-checking all items from one supplier, otherwise select enter.
- Update Stock levels – Careful here! Selecting Yes will change all of your stock levels for all items checked. We recommend not selecting this 1st time around, but running the report, which can then be reviewed and checked. When you’re happy that the data looks in order, the above process can then be repeated to adjust levels automatically. (Caution – If doing this ensure that you do not erase the checker until this is done) Some users prefer not to use the auto change feature, but to manually re-check the discrepancy report and adjust levels accordingly through ‘stock received’
- Print Stock Not Checked – Selecting ‘Y’ for yes here would provide a report with all discrepancies and a list of any items on the system, which have not been checked. ‘N’ for no would be selected in circumstances where there were several checkers being downloaded – where Y would only be selected with the last download, otherwise select ‘Y’
If unsure at any stage through the above options – go to the end and cancel the operation. Provided you don’t remove the checker from the cradle and clear the levels, this will do no harm whatsoever.
The checker then compares data from the checker and the Abacus software and generates a ‘discrepancy report’ to the spool file, which is effectively then the stock-check result.
Remember – Only clear down the checkers when you have a result that you are certain is accurate.